Pre-requisite: AGRI 21 (ANSC 1)
Description: Composition and metabolism of various nutrients; their functions in maintenance, growth, reproduction, lactation, egg production and work of farm animals.
- Know the different nutrients and explain how they are digested, absorbed, and metabolized in the animal’s body.
- Know how the feeding value of feedstuffs used in livestock diets are determined.
- Understand how nutrient requirements of animals are determined and to apply this knowledge in developing nutrition programs.
- Explain the importance of feed processing and describe the function of major equipment used in animal feed manufacturing.
- Appreciate the role of nutrition in animal agriculture.