Pre-requisite: ANSC 2 or COI
Credit: 3 units
Offered: Sem 1 and Sem 2
Description: Breeding, Feeding and Management of Swine, Economics of Swine Management
- Integrate the principles of breeding, physiology and nutrition in explaining practices in swine production
- Discuss the interrelation of the different components of the swine system.
- Organize different swine production management practices into a functional and operational program
- Define, compute and interrelate the different swine production and reproductive parameters
- Identify the different factors influencing the different production and reproductive parameters
- List and operationalize the basic management practices for different classes of swine.